Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

12 week, 2 day ultrasound

I had my first appointment at the new doctors office. I actually met with a midwife. She was very nice, and my VBAC sounds promising. They will let me go to 42 weeks before I'd have to have a c-section. Which is awesome. Although, I am going to meet with one of the doctors next time, because I still have a few questions about the actual labor process. The midwife did mention I have to be monitored the entire time, so I'm wondering how easy it will be for me to get up, walk, change positions, etc. I think that will be most important to a successful VBAC. I did get a little scare at my appointment. The midwife couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler. It really freaked me out. So many thoughts of losing the baby ran through my head. But, then I got in for an ultrasound (pretty quickly) and immediately the tech pulled up the heartbeat. Hearing the heartbeat was so neat, it almost made me tear up.
The office has 2 doctors, and 3 midwives. It will just depend whose on-call when I go into labor, so I would like to meet with each of them, at least once before D day! So far, I'm getting really excited. I've also contacted one doula, and have information on a couple others. I just need to actually talk to them and see if I connect with anyone. I really think a doula could be a big help. I also told my supervisor today, she was very excited. I'm SO happy to have that over with. I now feel like everyone knows! YEAH! It just makes it official!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Weight Loss Journey!

My Boys!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers