Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cooking & New Recipes!

I've been really making an effort to try out new recipes & since I'm cooking all our meals I'm looking for quick and easy ideas to start with. Last week I made a turkey enchilada casserole- really yummy (& super easy)! I also did a sort of chili recipe in the crock-pot BUT I forgot to brown the ground beef first :/ I ended up taking it out and cooking it on the stove-top- it actually came out alright. I also did a breakfast scramble- kind of came up with on my own, but I did scrambled eggs, salsa and LF shredded cheese. It was pretty yummy too.

One of my favorite (& easy) dinners is what we had last night- boca burgers and sweet potato fries. We also had black beans, I'll usually do a different veggie with this dinner. It's really scrumptious and all & all (including black beans, cheese, bun, everything) 13 P+ which is high, but for a burger and fries I don't think it's awful. It really satisfies my cravings- burger and fries is probably my FAVORITE food :)



Today I'm trying out this recipe from WW-
Creamy Italian Chicken

Course: main meals
PointsPlus Value: 8
Servings: 4

Preparation Time: 0 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

1 envelope(s) Good Seasons Italian Dressing
2 cup(s) Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
8 oz fat-free cream cheese
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup(s) cooked brown rice

Instructions

Put chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with dry Italian dressing mix. Mix cream cheese and soup in separate bowl. Pour over chicken. Cook on low all day ( 8 hours). Serve over rice or noodles. (Add milk if needed to thin sauce out)

It is in the crockpot now! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Weight Loss Journey!

My Boys!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers